OpenPPG X4 22 is the latest revolution in the sport of Paramotoring. It features a fast folding frame that allows for easy transportation, a truly zero motor torque design and weighing in at only 21 lbs it’s by far the lightest paramotor on the market. Even with all the advantages and countless more, the OpenPPG X4 22 is the most affordable paramotor available costing nearly half of the best priced PPGs for sale.
- Foldable – Quickly folds up into a compact size and easily fits into a small cars seats or trunk.
- Light Weight – The whole electric paramotor weighs in at only 21 lbs, it’s by far the lightest gas or electric paramotor on the market.
- Maintenance free – While other internal combustion Paramotors require costly maintenance and rebuilds every so many hours, electric paramotors don’t.
- Reliable – Fewer moving parts required to fly this EPPG makes it far more reliable, and does not need the constant tweaking gasoline engines require.
- Zero Torque – OpenPPG 22 is truly a zero torque paramotor. Two of its four motors spinning clockwise and the other two spin counterclockwise which cancels out any torque effects.
- Affordable – Costing nearly half of the closest PPG or EPPG on the market while being packed full of features it’s by far the most cost-effective paramotor right off the bat. Not to mention the thousands of dollars in maintenance cost that are saved.
- Fast responsive throttle – Electric motors allow super responsive, precise control of the throttle and allows very linear throttle response which is not possible with two-stroke combustion motors.
- Easy to start – Just push a button and you are ready to fly. No pull starting struggle required which is especially convenient when it’s on your back. Also when launching your wing the propellers don’t have to be spinning so it eliminates the chances of propeller tangling your lines.
- Thrust: 150 lbs (22×10 props), 160 lbs (22×14)
- 4x 50cc equivalent motors
- Weight: 21 lbs (31-61 lbs with batteries)
- Flight time: 20-40 mins
- 20 lbs smaller battery packs provide 20 mins
- 40 lbs packs provide 40 mins of flight time
- Construction: Carbon Fiber and 7075 T6 aluminum
- Carbon fiber frame
- Cage tubing profile set with netting pre-installed
- Red anodized aluminum hinge set for 4x arms and 2x legs
- Four 50cc (150kv) high-efficiency brushless motors
- Four high voltage 80A ESCs
- Two 22×10 CW props and two CCW props
- Fully assembled throttle controller
- Frame mounted electronics hub
- Two 7075 T6 CNC gooseneck bar sets.
- All the necessary wiring, connectors, voltage regulators, and nuts and bolts you need to get flying (just need batteries, harness, and wing to fly)
Batch 4 Changelog
Highlights: Full amperage measurement for precise battery life estimation, designed for higher voltage 7S batteries, optional BMS support
Redesigned Frame PCB (Hub)
- ESC Telemetry Support — Captures RPM, voltage, amperage, internal temperatures for each ESC/motor
- IMU for 3D position sensing (supported in future updates)
- Barometer for altitude estimation (supported in future updates)
- Blackbox logging to MicroSD card
- Two-way communication with hub and BMS
- Improved top LED button
- Can be powered by USB for easy updating
- Adjustable elastic hand strap
- Two-way communication with hub
New Battery Monitoring System aka BMS (Optional)
- 7S battery support by default
- Individual battery cell monitoring
- Expandable up to 8 batteries
- LED strip/ring support
- USB power output (for phone/camera charging etc.)
- Extra 12v and 5v outputs
- Onboard buzzer for battery alerts
- Built-in cooling fan controller (supported in future updates)
- Two-way communication with hub
Unlike a traditional two-stroke there is no engine to idle — throttling-off produces silence… That’s so cool.
-Jeff Goin, Author of The PPG Bible