- Communication with the ESCs – This now includes handling the ESC telemetry to get data back for things like current measurements, RPM and more.
- Updated digital communication with the controller. The controller is very similar to batch 3 (will share pics when it arrives) but now supports bi-directional communication with the hub. This is how we will send data about what the current throttle is at as well as getting back current and voltage data for the screen.
- Black box data logging – you’ll notice the microSD card (comes with each order) which will log data from each motor during your flights to help graph out your flying as well as help us debug potential issues. Data is saved as a simple CSV for reading in Excel etc.
The microSD card will also serve as an easy way to update the firmware when we release new features in the future. No more messing with drivers and USB, just paste the file on the card and it will update when powered up.
- Much more!
- Voltage divider – 60v = ~3.3v
- ESC signal splitter – PWM in from throttle goes to 4 PWM out connections
- Switching BEC – (Up to) 60v input will produce 5v out at 1.5amps. Needs at least 12v in
- Power light – LED to indicate board is safely powered
- 5v accessory pads – used to connect future accessories that consume 5v power @ < 1.5 amps
- Overvoltage protection – inputting higher than 60v will cut off the voltage divider and BEC to protect other sensitive electronics.