OpenPPG SP140 V2 ICE is the latest paramotor from OpenPPG. With its clean and simple design and operations you’ll be flying more and on the ground adjusting/ tinkering less. We have worked hard on bringing an affordable PPG to market.
- Easy transport/ storage – Frame breaks down to a very compact form factor for easy transport and storage
- Lightweight ergonomic geometry – Lighter than the average gas motor, and having excellent weight distribution (high up and tight to the pilot) makes the SP140 feel even lighter than it is. The 2.2 kWh battery pack drops the weight down by another 16 lbs, and makes if perfect for thermaling, training, or just those who fly less then half-hour and would rather have less weight.
- Affordable – With the SP140 V2 system we are able to use the same frame system for both our ICE and Electric paramotors. This allows us to have the scale to make an affordable overall package for both systems. So while having the highest qulity components and modern design we can be lower cost over competing paramotors.
- Hybrid Frame System– With the SP140 hybrid frame you can easily swap from your ICE motor to Electric or vice versa depending on your demands. This is super powerful as the SP140 V2 has been designed from the ground up for both systems in mind and it allows you to keep and use all other parts like harness, frame, gooseneck bars, etc. So you can save lots of cost and have an easy upgrade path for the future.
- Low Cost Parts- With the SP140 V2 we were able to drive down the cost of replacement parts. Were as with other paramotors a slip up can be a costly mistake with the SP140 we have worked very hard to make our high quality parts as cost effective as posable. With the the V2 frame if you do slip up and damage your frame it is very easily to swap out the damaged part as it is highly modular making the cost to you even less.
- Fully Open Source- Want to make adjustments to the code or design your own part? Good as the SP140 system is fully Open Source to make your own parts or fork the code. No other paramotor designs lets you do that.
- Thrust: 75kg with Moster 185
- Weight: 55lbs
- Flight time: > 6hrs with Atom 80 and 140cm prop.
- Construction: 6061 T6 aluminum, Carbon Fiber, Dyneema for netting (5x stronger than kevlar)
- Everything needed to fly out of the box
- Choice of popular engines such as Atom 80 or Moster 185
- Up to a 140CM prop compatible (larger prop allows for higher fuel efficiency and thrust)
- Uses the best throttle available on the market (Off Grid Aviation throttle)
- Built in Cruise control for hand off flying.
- Easy fill fuel tank (neck comes out the side of the frame)
- Dudek comfort harness, the highest quality and most comfortable harness available.
- Full Modern CNC Gooseneck Bars